Schools and Universities
Tudor House lies in close proximity to a range of some of England's best schools and universities, and would be perfect for a luxurious stop-over.
- Winchester College is a school for boys aged 13-18, founded in 1382 by William of Wykeham, Bishop of Winchester, together with New College in the University of Oxford.
- St Swithun's School in Winchester is St Swithun's School is an independent school for girls in Winchester, named after Saint Swithun, a Bishop of Winchester and patron saint of Winchester Cathedral. St Swithun's lies overlooking the Hampshire Downs on the edge of Winchester and comprises of the junior and senior schools meaning pupils can attend from nursery all to way to sixth form level. Boys may attend up to age 7.
- The University of Winchester has over 6,000 students studying within the faculties of arts, business, law and sport, education, health and social care and humanities and social sciences. The University of Winchester was established in 1840, and it combines this heritage with innovative learning and teaching.
- Peter Symonds College is a sixth form college in Winchester offering a broad choice of courses for 16-19 year olds. It is the only sixth form college nationally to offer boarding places, frequently to those in forces schools abroad.
- The Krishnamurti Centre is a quiet retreat for those wishing to study the teachings of J Krishnamurti. For guests wishing to visit, they will require their own car or arrange a form of transport.
- The University of Portsmouth is a leading modern university with a good reputation for teaching and research. They have over 23,000 students, including 3,000 from over 100 countries who are supported by over 2,500 staff.
- The University of Southampton is one of the top 15 research universities in the UK, they have eight faculties which cover a huge range of subject areas. It currently has over 17,000 undergraduate and 7,000 postgraduate students, making it the largest university by higher education students in the South East region.
- The University of Surrey is a public research university located within the county town of Guildford, Surrey, in the South East of England, United Kingdom. The university specialises in science, engineering, medicine and business.